Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, provides timely cost analysis for multiple communities, house closing entries and financial analysis. Responsibilities include:
- Compile, analyze and interpret actual vs. budget cost data for each Mattamy Community on a quarterly basis. Highlight performance issues and investigate variances through review of source documents and discussions with various departments (Contract, Construction, Sales and Marketing, Architecture and Finance). Utilize the results of the investigations and discussions to assist in forecasting the remaining costs to complete each community.
- Preparation of variance analysis explanations and forecasting costs to complete for each project. Enter forecasts in the corporate information system (REMS). Print reports, attach supporting documentation and distribute.
- Attend meetings involving other departments to review reporting requirements and findings.
- Maintain detailed records, files and internal correspondence for each community.
- Arrange, analyze, and process home closing journal entries, making certain information is accurate.
- Preparation of various quarterly analysis on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Assist Intermediate Financial Analyst with special projects and tasks as they arise.
- Preparation of journal entries as required.
Please note that this is a 14 month contract position.
||We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- University degree at Bachelor level or above in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on finance/accounting.
- Must be working towards attainment of professional designation – CMA (Enrolled in the Accelerated Program, 1st year of the Strategic Leadership Program or registered to write the Entrance Exam in 2013), CGA (4th level).
- 2-3 years of experience as a financial analyst/ or cost accountant.
- Home building experience an asset.
- Solid computer skills with experience in MS Office especially Word and Excel (Intermediate level required).
- Experience with any accounting software packages and ability to quickly learn new software packages.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Results oriented with ability to set realistic and attainable goals and meet those on time.
- Comfortable in dealing with all levels of the organization.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Contract