Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, under limited supervision, execute the preparation, documentation and disbursement of payroll, withholdings and employee benefits, in accordance with Revenue Canada and other Governmental Agency requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects and processes weekly and biweekly payroll information received from all Canadian and U.S. sites and offices to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and distribution of the organization’s payroll. Also, deal with any omissions, discrepancies or errors in a timely manner. Processing relates to Canadian and U.S. locations.
- Assists with the posting of cost allocation through weekly/biweekly journal entries.
- Provides support relating to payroll for employees as needed.
- Compiles and summarizes payroll information for management reports on a required basis.
- Generates monthly and annual payroll remittances and filings with respect to third party withholdings.
- Assists with yearend reporting requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- College Degree and/or combination of work experience, high school diploma and/or accounting/payroll courses.
- 3 to 5 years recent payroll experience with payroll/time & attendance/HRIS processing systems – experience with Ultipro (Ultimate Software) an asset.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principals
- Exposure to Canadian multi provincial and U.S multi state payroll requirements strongly preferred.
- Experience working with IRS requirements for the US payrolls, an asset
Skills and Attributes
- Proven technical skills – Intermediate level in Windows Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Team player with flexible work style and ability to back-up function when needed.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while remaining well organized.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in interactions and dealings with others
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package.
In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
If you are a results oriented individual with a strong work ethic and have a ‘hands on’ approach, please
forward your application for consideration of a career with Mattamy Homes!
Join our team at Mattamy Homes and enjoy our committed, customer focused, and supportive environment.
Follow us on Social Media:
||Full Time Regular