Locate, acquire and develop ‘A’ quality land for building communities, (primarily for residential home construction). Direct community design and development process. Lead, develop, inspire and manage the division Land Development Team, in achieving business objectives, meeting customer commitments and striving to achieve “The Best Homeowner Experience”, in all activities undertaken.
1. Responsible for overall people management, talent identification and recruiting, staff development.
2. Develop and promote teamwork and internal integration.
3. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal partners at all levels, including staff groups and competitor peers through personal contact (where possible).
4. Develop, monitor and adhere to the Division’s land development schedule and budget for each project and provide regular updates to the Division President.
5. Establish, communicate, monitor and control Divisional SOPs.
6. Develop, monitor and adhere to department overhead budget.
7. Provide subject matter expertise to Divisional strategic plan
1. Review and make any recommendations regarding any external events that could affect the value of real estate assets.
2. Continuous understanding of profit neutral calculations and implementation of profit (RONA) improvement opportunities.
3. Develop and nurture relationships with politicians, governmental staff, land vendor and contact/ties within Division geography.
4. Continue to learn, translate and teach the ‘Mattamy Way’ of differentiating our business processes from those of our competitors.
5. Proactively promote innovative, non-traditional land uses (new acquisitions and existing inventory) to the Divisional team.
6. Input to community giving in ways which are aligned with Mattamy’s business and values.
Guided by the Division strategic plan and Corporate SOPs, is accountable and or responsible for the following activities:
1. Create and maintain Division land availability inventory system for Division in accordance with the Division’s strategic plan
2. Conduct master feasibility studies to evaluate the physical, political and financial aspects of the targeted market areas in order to identify specific target properties.
3. Maintain a network of industry, political contacts to maintain a current awareness of available and upcoming acquisition opportunities.
4. Coordinate market research in support of land acquisition.
1. Conduct timely feasibility studies to assess lands’ physical, political and financial aspects as well as market potential. Provide continuous projections from feasibility Proforma to purchase budget.
2. Accountable for representing the Division in negotiating each project’s acquisition.
3. Coordinate purchase of land/lots for Division.
4. Accurately estimate cash flow projections compared to the strategic plan.
1. To advance the timing and profitability of all projects, responsible for relentlessly identifying opportunities that are not readily apparent or creating them where they otherwise do not exist inside of statutory planning procedures.
2. Accountable for statutory approvals, land plan designs, developmental agreements and servicing contracts.
3. Oversee direct land-development process for the Division.
4. Ensures community phases are delivered on time and below budget to Builder.