Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Land Development Project Coordinator
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Land Project Coordinator assists in managing Land Development Projects between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Municipal Authorities, Consulting Teams, and Contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with community engineering and planning design coordination
- Supporting Project Managers with municipal approvals such as Plan and Land Use Amendments, Engineering and Tentative Plan approvals, and Registration
- Supporting Project Managers in developing and analyzing concept plans by providing CAD support for budget take offs, plan revisions, and phasing
- Assisting in the efficiency optimization of plans
- Assisting with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flow engineering process, and civil, landscape, and utility drawing approval process
- Following up with consultants to keep them accountable for deliverables and other financial reporting
- Maintaining appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. per project
- Supporting the Construction Manager in all facets of land construction and ensuring all conditions of “permit service” are met to ensure timely house construction start dates
- Reviewing, approving, coding, and processing consultant invoices and extras
- Conducting historical cost comparisons and produce charts to support budgeting and tracking purposes
- Promoting project and community vision and design
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in engineering, planning or a related field
Skills and Attributes
- Relationship Skills: Consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders – Municipal, Political, Partners, Suppliers, Builders, etc – Upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate a smooth application process
- Teamwork: Overall contribution to the team – proactively helping others; a consistent positive attitude; participating in training and learning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD is an asset
- Strong Organization Skills: Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining efficiency
- An understanding of the marketplace and planning and land development processes in Calgary and surrounding areas
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular