Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Senior Builder (Site Manager)
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience and adhering to generally accepted building practices, the Senior Builder manages the day-to-day construction operations of the Mattamy community, ranging from budgets to health and safety. As a representative of the Mattamy Construction team, the Senior Builder will be responsible for the following:
- All site scheduling, anticipating conflicts with schedules or people connected to schedule and resolving them in advance.
- Reviews and approves all production schedules at site. Ensures trade partner, inspector and supplier adherence to scheduled activities and prioritizes their overall requirements.
- Ensures complete adherence to construction process per Mattamy Policy and Procedures.
- Prepares site for start-up per Mattamy policy and procedures.
- Performs up-front scheduling of early trades. With respect to trades/suppliers prior to excavation, orders and coordinates delivery of initial building materials e.g. windows and trusses. In cases where the project does not have sufficient starts to warrant a Foundation / Grading Builder, the Senior Builder assumes those responsibilities.
- Solves problems within level of authority/scope quickly, economically and in a way that preserves relationships.
- Delegates tasks to construction staff, while maintaining responsibility for their performance. Plans, organizes and conducts regular meetings with staff to review manpower, materials, quality, production and safety. Teaches, mentors, and trains staff in technical skills and soft skills.
- Acts as liaison between Head Office, Design Center Services and Vice President, Construction.
- Communicates/ coordinates with other departments to ensure timeliness of permits, structural work orders, availability of colours and finishings and a seamless construction process.
- Keeps Vice President, Construction informed of project’s current progress. Reviews outlook of projects with Builder(s).
- Ensures homes are built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, Alberta New Home Warranty and Mattamy standards.
- Develops and maintains strong, productive supplier and trade contractor relationships. Communicates company quality and performance standards to each trade contractor and supplier. Conducts periodic work inspections to ensure standards are met.
- Supplies Builders with contracts, scopes of work, and contacts for all trades, suppliers, engineers and consultants. Evaluates daily production overview and makes necessary changes to ensure schedule compliance
- Monitors critical paths for projects, trade contractor schedules, and cost control to ensure that homes are QA ready and meet expected quality and budgets
- Proofreads and reviews work orders prior to commencement of home construction to ensure feasibility, clarity and intent of extras and changes described in paperwork.
- Reviews and approves all rework invoices.
- Liaise with company Health and Safety department ensuring local division support of accident investigations, claims administration and case management (i.e. return to work of division employees), while ensuring a safe work environment.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Knowledge and Experience
- 5-10 years residential construction supervision experience in the new home industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Alberta Building Code, Occupational Heath and Safety Act and other health and safety regulations.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Flexible, with the ability to work at locations across the division.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking and control of costs and budgets.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Ability to train and mentor staff through advanced leadership skills with the ability to delegate as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results.
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of MS Office software an asset.
This role has many benefits including advancement opportunities, continuous learning, and competitive compensation and benefits. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a major organization which has a track record of success and whose “brand” in the market is outstanding.
- Work with a team made up of enthusiastic, passionate, and friendly people, seeking challenge … just like you!
- Grow personally and professionally with the Calgary Division and the corporation as a whole.
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular