Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, HR Operations and Organizational Development, the Recruiter will be accountable to recruit employees for a wide range of primarily corporate roles. The successful candidate will be servicing operations across the GTA and Ottawa with additional support to our Western Canada and U.S. Divisions as needed. The individual will play a role in developing and enhancing progressive recruiting processes and programs for the organization. Specific duties noted below.
- Directly manage full cycle recruitment for positions at all levels across the organization including;
In partnership with the hiring manager, establish a recruiting strategy including target markets, the use of advertising or internet job sites, referrals, or external recruiting agencies
Develop internal and external job postings
Screen candidates (resume and telephone screening)
Prepare a short list of candidates and prepare candidate summaries for the hiring manager
Coordinate the selection process including interviews, testing and reference checking
Conduct thorough reference checks and coordinate background checks if applicable
Facilitate the final decision, prepare the details of the offer and present to the candidate and work with the hiring manager in preparation for orientation
Lead the ongoing recruitment process for the hiring of Coop students.
Establish relationships with management across the organization advising them on recruitment matters.
Maintain and analyze recruitment metrics.
Adhere to and manage company recruitment programs and processes.
Coordinate and attend recruitment events including career fairs etc.
Establish and manage a preferred supplier list of external recruitment agencies and consultants.
Participate as a member of the larger HR team in pursuing assigned accountabilities and team projects, always being mindful that corporate as well as client group goals, and the overall goals of the HR team must be met.
Other duties as assigned, including assistance with HR team projects.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education, preferable in human resources or business.
- 7+ years of experience in recruitment within a medium to large Corporation with a best practice approach to staffing and recruitment.
- Experience managing recruitment assignments at the senior management level.
- Experience working with an applicant tracking system.
- Specialized certification(s) in recruitment an asset.
- HR Generalist experience would be considered an asset.
- Certification with Thomas International DISC an asset.
- CHRP designation is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must be on a personal growth curve, inquisitive, excited about learning, with a passion for recruiting.
- Demonstrated agility and adaptability to changing environment and workplace situations.
- Must have strong work ethic with ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to establish credibility and trust as well as build relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude, responsive, action and results oriented.
- Proven independent initiative.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
Follow us on Social Media:
||Full Time Regular