Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Infrastructure Management Administrator
Reporting to the Technical Team Lead (IT), the role of the Infrastructure Management Administrator is to deliver vital support services to the infrastructure operating environment. This position manages all support aspects of the server environment (hardware and operating system) and accompanying Storage Area Networks. This role also manages the corporate data and voice networks ensuring timely support and availability of these services.
The Infrastructure Management Administrator operates and supports servers and related components to ensure high levels of availability and security for supported business applications. This position also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure systems provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals and industry-best practices.
The Infrastructure Management Administrator ensures the development, quality assurance, and production environments run smoothly and have the necessary capacity to meet future demand. This position holds the responsibility to ensure service readiness and document reviews are conducted on infrastructure changes.
The Infrastructure Management Administrator will improve the overall security posture of the enterprise. As a growing enterprise, the security landscape is rapidly evolving and as such the Infrastructure Management Administrator will proactively investigate, develop, and maintain enterprise wide information security.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the support activities of the infrastructure environment:
- Server Operations
- Storage Area Networks
- Networks (Data and Telecommunications)
- Data Centres
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the operating environment.
- Review and analyze existing infrastructure effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Support release management and operational readiness.
- Collaborate with Cross Functional Services (“CFS”), the IT Service Delivery team, Applications Management group and Technology Account Manager (“TAM”) to ensure services entering the production operating environment are transitioned smoothly with proper operational support documentation and training.
- Share the CFS function (Enterprise Architecture, Service Strategy, Information Management, Risk Management, Financial Management, Procurement & Vendor Management, Security) with the Technical Team Lead.
- Support Application Support & Maintenance in providing necessary assistance during patching, maintenance, upgrades, quality assurance and control, and other related activities associated with operating an application.
- Provide server and server appliance maintenance (risk analysis of upgrade/patch and optimization) in production and non-production environments
- Support catalogue requests including accepting, approving and fulfilling provisioning requests
- File server configuration support and maintenance (incl. capacity management)
- Managing the maintenance of servers operating system
- Assist in Asset Management activities including physical re-location of infrastructure-related assets.
- Support enterprise / platform services (e.g. email, active directory, print management, security services, virtual private networks, etc.)
- Manages data access, Acceptable Use Policies (“AUP”) and group policies for enterprise policy applications.
- Manage security, compliance & accreditation policies and processes; and ensures the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization.
- Ensure the problems related to network quality, service degradation and capacity shortage are properly resolved, recommend and suggest action plan or escalate to the concerned parties
- Develop processes to identify, track and remediate security intrusions, events and violations.
- Help drive, develop, and maintain enterprise wide information security policies and processes.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs.
- Ensure relevant performance management activities such as measurement of Service Level Objectives are performed.
- Maintain agreed level of Network and System performance, availability, reliability, integrity and usability by monitoring, analyzing and reporting predefined Key Performance indicators (KPIs), measures and customer feedback.
- To oversee end to end Networks performance and maintain the acceptable level of network quality of service as per business objectives, set of predefined network Key Performance Indicators and customer feedback and agreed SLAs.
- Manage network firewalls that provide enterprise security for both WAN and wireless networks.
- Evaluate current facilities and use of third-party data centres to best support infrastructure systems.
- Manage third-party vendors providing outsourced services and solutions (e.g. email, data centre, network circuits, facilities management, security services, etc.)
- Document and maintain both Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) plans
- Conduct annual DR test plans, document results and remediate issues of concern
- Report budget period financial tracking and issue quotes for service when required.
- Contribute to department operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of resources.
- Collaborate with other IT Service Delivery peers, the Applications Management group, and TAM to perform effective staff, infrastructure and capability planning.
- Supporting the Service Desk with day-to-day end-user assistance, incident troubleshooting and resolution
- Assist with End User Computing functions (software/hardware refresh management, mobile device management, Tier 2 technical support services, etc) when required.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the Technical Team Lead to identify, assess and communicate operational risks.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Assist with Level 1 support of Access & Permissions and Controls & Compliance applications
- Assist with creation and/or updating and distribution of Controls documentation
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in business or information systems required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) an asset
- ITIL Foundations an asset
- Minimum of 7 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience delivering shared infrastructure to meet a variety of business needs
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in medium to large multi-disciplinary teams, building a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing budgets.
- Experience in documenting, conducting and remediating DR and BC plans
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders.
- Familiarity with and demonstrated understanding of enterprise's business and technical architecture.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Effective negotiation skills, able to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders with differing opinions
- Strong leadership and team building skills
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
Follow us on Social Media:
||Full Time Regular