Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Accounting & Administrative Assistant
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Accounting & Administrative Assistant will provide a high level of administrative support to the Vice President & Controller and the Central Finance team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Word processing of financial statements, notes to the financial statements and other financial documents.
- Administrative accounting, tax and treasury functions such as downloading information and maintenance of simple spreadsheets in Excel.
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets and analysis such as maintaining project logs, budget entry and quarterly updates, lot report inputting and revisions.
- Administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, distributing documents, word processing, organizing binders, etc.
- Providing general administrative support to the department as needed.
- Scheduling meetings, booking meeting rooms and making any arrangements for equipment or refreshments.
- Acting as a liaison between the Central Finance department and other departments throughout the organization.
- Receiving general e-mails, replying with information and/or routing e-mails to appropriate employees.
- Researching various specific topics and preparing related documents.
- Handling couriers, ordering supplies (i.e. business cards), copying invoices, general office tidiness, updating contacts and telephone directory.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Successful completion of post-secondary education.
- At least 5 years of business experience working in administrative roles.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work well within a cohesive team environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and excellent ability to anticipate unscheduled events which might require modifying schedule.
- Enthusiastic and friendly, with a demonstrated client-service orientation.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with good judgment in handling the large volume of requests.
- Independent and self-directed with the capability to operate with minimal direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with ability to check documents for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are made.
- Poised and confident to attend Board Room meetings in order to provide support and keep minutes.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel with proven capability to prepare attractive and effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, with excellent telephone skills.
- Passion for business and willingness to learn the construction and land development industry.
- Intuitive, with the ability to analyze and problem solve various issues of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Willing to work additional hours as required.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular