Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Vision is to be the Best Homebuilding Brand in North America
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Construction Handyman practices, identifies, assesses, and performs required repairs in a timely manner so that deficiency items in new homes are rectified prior to Homeowner possession. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating repairs of deficiency items listed on Certificate of Possession (Completion) and Pre-Delivery Inspections with Builder and Homeowner before and after closing.
- Preparing homes for inspection by City for occupancy, insulation and framing, and performs drywall checkouts as required for each home.
- Ensuring complete cleanup of home, inside and outside, prior to QA and PDI, and performs visual inspection of exterior of the home to assess state of completion.
- Develops a constructive and helpful working relationship with the Homeowner.
- Seeking opportunities to assist our homeowners in order to provide exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Several years of experience in residential / commercial construction or renovations or repairs.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- No formal education is required; however, the ability to perform basic arithmetic, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
- Must have the ability to read and write in the English language at a basic level.
- Must have own vehicle and tools.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with homeowners.
- Ability to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining positive attitude and flexible work style.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well independently.
- Must be punctual, reliable, with an excellent work ethic.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
If you are a results oriented individual with a strong work ethic and have a ‘hands on’ approach, please
forward to your application.
Join our team at Mattamy Homes and enjoy our committed, customer focused, and supportive environment.
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular