Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Receptionist provides clerical support to the corporate head office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and direct incoming telephone calls in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Receive, greet & escort internal and external customers (such as Homeowners, suppliers and others with scheduled meetings) for internal staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, word processing, etc.
- Distribute inbound and outbound mail/courier/faxes, including arranging for courier pick-up, etc.
- Maintain a tidy and clean reception area.
- Coordinate meetings and special department events for management with internal and external employees.
- Coordination of office supply purchasing, including maintaining stock, monitoring usage and distributing received orders.
- Various other administrative duties.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Post secondary diploma in Administration or completion of business administration courses would be considered an asset.
- 2 years work experience in an office environment is required. Prior work experience in a similar role, especially in a related industry, is an asset.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience working a switchboard, including excellent telephone communication skills.
- Strong ability to query callers and quickly problem solve.
- Prior experience operating postage machines.
- Computer literacy with experience in MS Office applications including Microsoft Outlook.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to multi-task with flexibility in work style.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly, with professional customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Finance & Accounting
||Full Time Regular