Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Sales & Closing Coordinator
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Sales & Closing Coordinator is responsible for the timely administration of Purchase and Sale Agreements and their subsequent closing transactions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data entry and legal/ pricing inspection of all incoming offers and amendments, with precise allocation of product codes and costs. Includes monitoring closing dates and specific clauses and schedules within each agreement
- Creating and distributing necessary legal closing documents: HST rebates, Statement of Adjustments, and TARION enrollments for individual units
- Inputting closing costs and balancing ledger sheets before closing (deposits and upgrades) and determining amounts to credit/ debit
- Addressing issues raised by purchasers and lawyers in regards to construction, taxes and Statement of Adjustments
- Banking and accounts receivable to insure all owing monies are paid
- Approval of sales commission invoicing (purchase price & lot premiums)
- General administration (filing, creating files, photocopying, scanning, faxes and mail)
- Telephone/email inquiries and communication with external entities : lawyers, auditors, TARION and purchasers as well as internal departments, sales offices, construction, finance, décor and customer service staff
- Processing necessary TARION Vendor/ Builder requirements. Includes:
- Yearly renewals and enrollments for new projects/ phases and Deposit Trust Agreements for condominiums
- Weekly closing notification to utility companies
- Cheque requisitions for refunds of cancelled deals
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Completion of college diploma required, preferably in Office or Business Administration
- Legal background in real estate or residential planning an asset
Skills and Attributes
- Must be detailed and thorough in execution of work
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to prepare professional letters
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- General knowledge of the construction process and TARION guidelines
- Basic Accounting knowledge/experience an asset
- Demonstrated proficiency and speed in Word and Excel
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Sales & Marketing
||Full Time Regular