Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Land Construction Manager
Manage residential development construction activities, from engineering design to final assumption, with liaison between consultants, contractors, builders and governing authorities. Responsibilities include coordination of earthworks, subdivision/site servicing, roadworks, builder-related services and the management of consulting team(s).
Coordination of Engineering Design
- Ensure that subdivision designs meet Mattamy requirements, and that they are cost effective
- Manage consulting teams to ensure that engineering designs are completed according to scheduling requirements
Manage construction schedules and budgets
- Work with Director, Engineering to complete construction budgets and schedules
- Work with Project Managers to complete individual project budgets
- Meet regularly with Director, Engineering and Project Managers to review projects and provide input to action plans
Oversee Construction Activities
- Coordinate construction activities including earthworks, underground services, roadworks, shallow utilities and landscaping
- Manage consultants and contractors to ensure that activities are completed according to project specifications, schedules and budgets
- Coordinate builder-related services Oversee subdivision assumption & maintenance
- Work with consultants to ensure that CCCs and FACs are completed Work with Project teams to ensure timely reductions of Letters of Credit
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in a land development environment
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written
- Excellent analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD
- Ability to work flexible hours
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular