Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Director, Process & Systems Transformation
The Director, Process & Systems Transformation will provide leadership, organization and coordination for the implementation of the IT Transformation project at Mattamy, ensuring that program planning, governance and professional project management systems and reporting are in place. While the initial assignment will comprise the Process & Systems Transformation Project, we are looking for someone with potential to grow with the company in subsequent leadership roles.
The Director, Process & Systems will handle all aspects of project planning, requirements gathering, scheduling and work planning, communications, issue resolution, cost tracking, financial reporting and change management. During the project life cycle, the Director, Process/System swill add value by ensuring delivered projects meet design specifications and quality standards and get completed in a timely manner. The Director, Process & Systems will report to the Steering Committee, comprising the COO, CFO, and CHRO, and will work with the members of the Working Committee (Finance, HR, Operations, IT etc.), external consultants and their teams to implement their transformation initiatives. The incumbent will establish policies and system controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all work streams.
The Director, Process & Systems Transformation will provide both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks and issues.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans in conjunction with project team members.
- Actively manage plans, dependencies, scope, risks, issues and quality, and deliver projects in line with agreed upon overall project commitments.
- Managing project scope. Investigating and making recommendations on issues that challenge scope boundaries.
- Managing project risks. Tracking risks and actively driving mitigation strategies
- Monitoring and reporting on project traction and progress and, as necessary, coordinating the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Creating project status reports, highlighting critical issues for management and overall status of the project.
- Building and effectively managing multidisciplinary project teams.
- Managing stakeholder relations to ensure that project delivery expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Driving and tracking change management work as project deliverables are rolled out, including activities such as training, communication, and documentation.
- Providing clear direction and motivation to project teams. Managing vendor relationships, where applicable and required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences or Engineering, MBA an asset.
- 10+ years demonstrated project management experience, potentially gained with a top tier consulting firm.
- Previous demonstrated experience leading an IT transformation project in a large, complex organization.
- Experience with project management methodologies and project management tools.
Competencies/Skills and Attributes
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
- Superior and demonstrated facilitation skills within a project management environment.
- Motivated individual capable of owning and driving assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity - ability to influence (add value) and interpret requests which may not be clearly defined.
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision, minimal direction and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to effectively work with multiple levels of the organization.
- Superior communication skills - at all levels and across all departments in the organization.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular