Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Land Development Project Manager
The Land Development Project Manager is responsible for development projects from beginning to end, incorporating both project management and construction management activities while utilizing Mattamy resources effectively and managing projects through internal and external consulting teams and contractors. Strive to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Land Project Management
- Project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting
- Promote project and community vision and design
- Manage municipal approvals: draft plan, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration, etc.
- Manage and work well with multi-disciplined consultant teams
- Manage the engineering process: civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process
- Understand how activities affect customer satisfaction
- Acquisitions and due diligence support
- Participate in home product development and translate into land and land use
- Industry and market presence and awareness
- Manage engineering design process
- Coordinate with other Project Managers and liaise with Builder
- Stay current on industry and municipal standards
- Maintain positive relationships with Contractors, Municipalities, Agencies and our Builder
Coordination with Land Construction Manager
- Prepare costs for budgeting purposes
- Manage tender process with contractors
- Ensure quality and cost effectiveness
- Servicing and grading strategies
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Diploma or degree in Engineering, Planning or related field
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Forward planning and thinking: scheduling; coordinating consultants, contractors, municipalities and internal resources
- Financial Management: always managing by the numbers and understanding the projects financial position
- Strategic execution: assisting in the development and implementation of project strategy; calling on the right people at the right time; challenging the process
- Communication: professional internal financial and timeline reporting; integrating well with Builder; early detection of issues
- Relationship skills: consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders (municipal, political, partners, suppliers, Builder, etc.; upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate smooth application processes
- Teamwork – overall contribution to the team; proactively helping others; consistent positive attitude; mentoring, teaching, training and learning
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular