Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development & Design, the Financial Analyst will provide support for all acquisition related activities undertaken by the High Rise Division including timely analysis services to internal management. The position will complete property valuation analyses for a variety of real estate investment opportunities and will oversee and complete key aspects of the due diligence process. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop complex financial and valuation models for high rise acquisitions.
- Conduct financial feasibility analysis on high rise land acquisition opportunities including the preparation of development proformas, cash flow and underwriting analysis for high rise land acquisition and valuations.
- Provide support in the due diligence period and prepare acquisition summary documentation for management to assist in decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports on land acquisition activities, including the preparation of monthly acquisition activities and RealNet sourced activity.
- Monitor and analyze trends in general business conditions affecting high rise real estate.
- Follow government policy departments and agencies to ensure inputs are current and accurate.
- Work with Marketing and Construction teams to obtain current market data.
- Co-ordinate acquisition activities with finance in terms of the timing of deposits, closings and cash flow requirements.
- Assist in asset management on interim predevelopment operations.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree with a real estate/business focus in a relevant discipline and 3-5 years experience in high rise real estate analytics.
- Knowledge of real estate valuation theory.
- Strong computer, analytical and financial modeling skills; demonstrate an advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel (or other business intelligence tool).
- Possess understanding of the residential real estate industry in Toronto and environs including the key real estate value drivers, risks and opportunities.
- Excellent research skills and ability to synthesize research information to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications.
Skills and Attributes
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and deliver documents for, and presentation to, internal clients.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in dealing with internal team members.
- Knowledge of operational and/or financial accounting an asset.
- Asset management skills desirable.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!