Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Construction Labourer safely constructs new homes which meet the high standards of quality set by the company. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare house for next trade as required including cutting concrete, covering floors, scraping floors, straw placement and removal and stripping floors
- On a daily basis, collect and dispose of debris at construction site, placing it in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling programs
- Assist with having porches filled, garages and basements cleaned so cement can be poured. Ensure driveways are cut, stone is ordered and that patio slabs are installed on each lot.
- Make sure houses are graded and safe for the bricklayer trades to work; ensure footings and walls ready for inspection
- Advise Administrator when to contact garbage company for delivery and exchange bins for interior cleaning
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for inside trades (tile setters, tapers, etc.)
- Locate waterboxes (dig up and repair) and ensure water turned on for each house; includes ensuring waterboxes are raised and marked for sod
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Rep. or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn
- Address any complaints or inquiries forwarded by homeowners
Please note that this role is located at our Lakepointe Community in Chestermere, Alberta.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- No formal education is required although any training related to construction skills would be an asset.
- Experience in residential building or related construction industry.
- Experience dealing with tools and machinery, includes machine skills – rough grading, digging hydro, gas trenching, water boxes, backhoe operation, etc.
Skills and Attributes
- Good organizational skills with ability to get things done according to timelines.
- Good communication skills – especially verbal.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular