Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Senior Financial Analyst - Part Time
In keeping with the Mattamy mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, this position ensures financial information required by the corporate division and Vice President & Controller is prepared and analyzed with a high degree of accuracy and on a timely basis. This role oversees the accounting, tax and treasury for a number of privately held Corporations, Trusts and a Charitable Foundation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the daily accounting, tax and cash activities for a number of privately held corporations and trusts. This includes: maintenance of the trial balances, preparation of tax working papers, implementation of tax strategies, calculation of any funding requirements, preparation of annual financial statements.
- Responsible for the back office for the Charitable Foundation including: preparation of materials for the Foundation Board, recording transaction and issuing tax receipts, co-ordination of donation requests and tracking of receipts, preparation of financial statements and tax return working papers, plus maintenance of all agreements and timing of donations made.
- Any analysis as required.
- Assist with special projects and tasks that may arise during the year.
Please note that this is a Permanent Part-Time position requiring 2-3 days of work per week.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- University degree or college degree in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on finance/accounting.
- Attainment or enrollment in a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- 5-7 years’ experience as a financial analyst and/or in the preparation of working paper files.
Skills and Attributes
- Solid computer skills with experience in MS Office especially Word and Excel.
- Experience with any accounting software packages, including reporting products and ability to quickly learn new software packages.
- Excellent analytical, administrative and organizational skills.
- Results oriented with an ability to set and meet realistic and attainable goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Detail oriented.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Finance & Accounting
||Part Time Regular