Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The Builder oversees the timely construction of each home from carpentry to warranty service request signoff. The Builder is responsible for producing zero defect homes through effective management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff. The Builder acts as the primary representative of the company on construction matters to homeowners and maintains an aesthetically appealing, safe worksite and professional and efficient work environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures complete adherence to Mattamy Construction Processes, in accordance with Policy and Procedures.
- Accountable for managing the construction of assigned homes from carpentry to 30-day warranty service request signoff.
- Monitors all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work.
- Walks all homes on a daily basis to ensure imperfections are noted, Building Code is adhered to, and Homebuyers Options and Extras are complied with. Adheres to procedures as required by the trade Scopes of Work and Mattamy Quality Standards and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Conducts a detailed frame check on each unit prior to drywall, in accordance with Mattamy Policy and Procedures, and follows up to ensure the timely completion of any items noted.
- Schedules and conducts homeowner frame walk.
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction staff, including the scheduling of subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers on the job.
- Resolves day-to-day problems on the job site, inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications, and resolving construction problems.
- Approves subcontractor invoice for quality and quantity before issuing Completion Slip.
- Assists in ordering all materials required to construct houses.
- Continuously trains and mentors staff.
- Reinforces and educates the importance of schedule adherence (and assists where trade availability is causing difficulty), unwavering focus on Mattamy mission, and safety and quality standards.
- Communicates and coordinates activities with other staff (Site and Head Office) to ensure smooth production operation.
- Schedules and attends all necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required.
- Responsible for managing to the Production Schedule, and updating it no less than weekly. Adds comments regarding site changes and improvements as necessary, and communicates to Senior Builder.
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforces safety standards and laws within positions scope of authority.
- Ensures homes are as clean and aesthetically appealing as possible while under construction.
We are looking for a Candidate with the following:
- 2-4 years residential construction management experience in the new home industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and other health and safety regulations.
- Clear understanding of contracts, plans, and specifications, as well as construction methods, materials and regulations. Includes knowledge of all trades, staff responsibilities, scheduling and scopes of work.
- Flexible, with the ability to work at locations across the division.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including the tracking and control of costs and budgets.
- Must be detailed and thorough.
- Ability to train and mentor staff through advanced leadership skills with the ability to delegate as required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written. Willing to take responsibility and be held accountable for results.
- Skills in building relationships with a broad network of contacts, including trade partners and suppliers and a strong customer focus.
- Knowledge of MS Office software an asset.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you
Follow us on Social Media:
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular