Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Construction Coordinator, Land
Co-ordinate the maintenance and final assumption of land development projects with liaison between consultants, contractors, builder and governing authorities to ensure projects are assumed in a timely and cost effective manner while also striving to achieve “The Best Homeowner Experience” in all activities undertaken. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Manage Subdivision Assumption
- Coordinate with consultant team, Builder and contractor to complete all outstanding deficiencies
- Schedule and coordinate top works and update status reports
- Schedule and coordinate lot grading and inspections
- Co-ordinate Municipal inspection
- Obtain Municipal approval for staff updates & assumptions by-law
- Aggressively pursue security reductions as works are completed
- Resolve homeowner concerns with respect to subdivision issues raised as directed by project managers, construction managers, builder or customer service
2. Manage Subdivision Maintenance
- Coordinate maintenance contracts of all landscaped areas
- Monitor and implement site cleanup
3. Responsibilities in Support of Construction Manager
- Administer contracts for all related construction activities and ensure they meet all obligations relating to budgets and quality (top works, landscaping, maintenance, etc.)
- Coordinate site turnover meeting inspections
- Detailed construction scheduling of top works and landscaping
- Approve consultant invoices and extras of related works
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Diploma or degree in Engineering, Planning or in a related field
Experience and Skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Familiar with and understands profitability, bottom line focus, the need to rationalize and understand variances between budget and actual costs
- Strong organizational skills
- A general understanding of the planning and land development processes is an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD
- Ability to work flexible hours
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular