Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 60,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton, while in the United States, the company is represented in six metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. The scope of the company’s operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design, and construction, with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to homeowners.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, under limited supervision, execute the preparation, documentation and disbursement of payroll, withholdings and employee benefits, in accordance with Revenue Canada and other Governmental Agency requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects and processes weekly payroll information received from all sites to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and distribution of the organization’s payroll. Also, deal with any omissions, discrepancies or errors in a timely manner.
- Assists with the posting or cost allocation through weekly journal entries.
- Provides support relating to payroll and benefits for employees as needed.
- Benefits administration including processing adds, changes, terminations; taking benefit questions from employees and escalating to supervisor when needed.
- Compiles and summarizes payroll information for management reports on a required basis.
- Generates monthly and annual payroll remittances and filings with respect to third party withholdings.
- Assists with yearend reporting requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- College Degree and/or combination of work experience, high school diploma and/or accounting/payroll courses.
- 3 to 5 years recent payroll experience with payroll/time & attendance/HRIS processing systems – experience with Ultipro an asset.
- Experience with Benefits Administration.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principals
- Exposure to Canadian provincial payroll requirements outside of Ontario as well as experience with US Payroll
- Experience working with IRS requirements for the US payrolls, an asset
Skills and Attributes
- Good computer skills – Intermediate level in Windows Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- Team player with flexible work style and ability to back-up function when needed.
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while remaining well organized.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in interactions and dealings with others
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
Follow us on Social Media:
||Full Time Regular