Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Land Development Project Coordinator
As a Project Coordinator, you will assist with the management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption with liaison between sales, marketing, building/architecture, government authorities, consulting team and contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner. Responsibilities of this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting.
- Promote project and community vision and design.
- Support management with municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Obtain development approvals by working with multi-disciplined consultant teams and government authorities.
- Support the Project Managers with the engineering process including civil, landscaping, and utility drawing approval process.
- Understand the interdependency between land development activities and customer satisfaction.
- Support acquisitions and due diligence.
- Participate in home product design and apply it to land development.
- Help build industry and market presence and awareness.
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. for each project.
- Coordinate with other land project manager’s and liaise with builders and contractors.
- Stay current on industry and municipal standards.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization and with contractors, municipalities, agencies, and our builders.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred. Candidates with a Planning or Real Estate/Business degree with proven analytical and technical skills will also be considered.
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a team and independently.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, and forward planning.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow professionally.
- As the position may involve travel to construction sites and consultant offices, a vehicle and a class ‘G’ license is required.
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular