Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, HR Operations and Organizational Development, and working as part of the Human Resources team; the Administrative Coordinator performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties supporting the HR team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares employment agreements, employment verification letters, disability documentation, and other related documents
- Initiates the onboarding process by sending new hires all necessary forms and ensuring their proper completion prior to an employee’s start date
- Weekly processing of new hire paperwork, promotions, salary adjustments, transfers, leaves, terminations, etc.
- Generates standardized or customized reports on a routine or ad hoc basis including but not limited to headcount reports, leave tracking reports, termination tracking report, employee turnover etc.
- Regularly updates and maintains organizational charts
- Supports and assists with the recruitment and hiring process including coordinating internal and external job postings, screening resumes, setting up interviews, completing reference checks, responding to job applicants; and coordinating recruitment events etc.
- Performs office clerical and administrative duties including but not limited to processing invoices, mail, copying, travel arrangements, and other record-keeping systems
- Initiates and coordinates requisitioning of supplies and external services such as printing, audio-visual, meeting facilities and maintenance
- Plans and coordinates Annual Employee Service Award luncheon
- Coordinates and receives nominations for the Employee Recognition Program
- Monitors and assists in the coordination of internal and external employee training activities
- Compiles, analyzes and prepares data and other material for reports and presentations
- Other duties as assigned by HR team
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of administrative/clerical experience. Previous experience in or exposure to a Human Resources work environment is preferred
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge and competency with Microsoft Excel
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail oriented with ability to check documents for accuracy and communicate detailed changes
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Mature, professional, and polished demeanor
- Enthusiastic and friendly, with a demonstrated client-service orientation
- Strong problem solving orientation and analytical skills
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular