Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
Under limited supervision and in keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, provide the paperwork necessary to purchase products and services from our trades and/or suppliers to facilitate the timely delivery of the design options and upgrades chosen by the homeowner. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process purchase orders which includes preparing, organizing, setting-up pricing, and executing POs for distribution
- Research and respond to all inquiries from Trades, Suppliers, Construction Site, and Design
- Maintain awareness of upcoming projects in order to forecast workload
- Research, verify, and amend invoices with discrepancies returned by the Accounting Department
- Act as a consultant on any obscurities that may occur in orders
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- College Diploma in Business Administration
- Any prior experience in purchasing function would be an asset
Skills and Attributes
- Basic understanding of home construction
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Analytical thinking skills Problem solving skills with ability to initiate research and follow-up in order to get issues resolved while knowing when to raise issues to supervisor
- Good administrative skills Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Good organization skills with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!