Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
||Project Manager, Technology
||Reporting to the VP Information Technology (IT), the role of the Project Manager is to manage the Project Management Office (PMO) and provide project and program management controls and standards. This role acts as a centre of excellence to source and provide qualified resources to execute the project portfolio. Through having visibility into the whole portfolio of change and future strategic position, they coordinate staff capacity and capabilities according to future initiatives and changes. This role will establish programs of related projects and manage the inter-program dependencies to achieve common outcomes for the organization.
The Project Manager position is a leadership role and the incumbent should possess a solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop best practices, techniques for project and program management controls
- Position Mattamy to meet existing and future demands on staff and skills capacity
- Manage the project portfolio focusing on business value and benefit realization
- Support the strategy and vision; alignment of IT to business needs and participate in strategic service planning and forecasting activities
- Provide project support services to the IT Service Delivery group such as project methodology training, approval reviews, project planning facilitation, etc.
- Support the Business Technology Advisory Board (“BTAB”) in updating the project portfolio to reflect current priorities, progress, action items and risks
- Support the BTAB in prioritizing the projects within the portfolio considering the project benefits, risks and costs to meet business needs
- Coordinate the activities of several cross-department virtual teams responsible for executing the project portfolio
- Ensure project milestones are met and resourcing plan is sufficient to meet the scheduled deadlines
- Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Provide continuous improvement services to business units and IT alike
- Lead the IT change management processes and methodology for the people-side of change initiatives to enhance future sustainability of a change
- Lead regular (weekly) change management meetings with stakeholders from all projects
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other agile project related meetings
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Collaborate with all project stakeholders to integrate change management activities into the overall project portfolio
- Identify and manage people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance
- Effectively convey change impact and readiness assessments to relevant leaders to ensure all key stakeholders are informed
- Coordinate with business and IT Service Delivery Leads to provide Organization Change Management services during disaster recovery exercises
- Provide continuous improvement services to improve existing processes
- Develop and implement a change capability strategy and approach to position Mattamy to meet existing and future demands on staff capacity
- Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery planning and strategy
- Be informed on relevant industry best practices and project execution impacts to the PMO
- Participate in department operational planning and projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of resources
- Collaborate with IT Service Delivery Leads teams to perform effective staff, infrastructure and capability planning
- Facilitate project management and resourcing; defining roles and responsibilities and staff training
||We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- College diploma or university degree in business or information systems
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5- 7 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience leading medium to large multi-disciplinary teams, building a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years’ experience creating business cases and managing budgets
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with management stakeholders
- Familiarity and demonstrated understanding of enterprise's business and technical architecture is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office
- Experience with Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent is an asset.
Competencies/Skills and Attributes
- Proven internal and external influencing skills at senior and executive management levels
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Strong ability to persuade others; convincing resources to prioritize and meet project responsibilities
- Effective time management; ensuring project milestones are met
- Demonstrated project resourcing abilities; sourcing appropriate number of people and skills to meet the scheduled deadlines
- Effective negotiation skills; able to facilitate collaboration between stakeholders with differing opinions
- Strong leadership and team building skills
This role has many benefits including the opportunity to be a part of a values-based organization which provides a competitive compensation, benefits and relocation package. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular