Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy Homes has evolved into a leading homebuilding brand in North America. Today, Mattamy is Canada's largest new home construction and development firm with operations across Canada and the United States. Over those years Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary. In the United States, we’re represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
A developer of innovative home construction methods Mattamy Homes continues to combine the growth opportunities available from strategic and disciplined planning with methods and processes that yield superior quality homes with strong value for homeowners. Mattamy consistently ranks at the top of most homeowner satisfaction surveys, and has been honoured with various quality and satisfaction awards throughout the years. Recently this has included being named Homebuilder of the Year in the GTA (for the fourth time in the last 10 years) and Ontario-wide. Many of our divisions have also topped AVID rankings for setting the standard for customer experience.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Construction Handyman practices, identifies, assesses, and performs required repairs in a timely manner so that deficiency items in new homes are rectified prior to Homeowner possession. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating repairs of deficiency items listed on the Certificate of Possession (Completion) and Pre-Delivery Inspection with the Builder and Homeowner before and after closing.
- Preparing homes for inspection by the City for occupancy, insulation and framing. Performing drywall checkouts as required for each home.
- Ensuring complete cleanup of home, inside and outside, prior to QA and PDI, and performs visual inspection of the exterior of the home to assess its state of completion.
- Develops a constructive and helpful working relationship with the Homeowner.
- Seeking opportunities to assist our homeowners in order to provide exceptional customer service.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
No formal education is required; however, the ability to perform basic arithmetic, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
Several years of experience in residential/commercial construction or renovations or repairs.
Skills and Attributes
Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
Must have the ability to read and write in the English language at a basic level.
Excellent customer service skills in dealing with homeowners.
Ability to coordinate several simultaneous tasks while maintaining positive attitude and flexible work style.
Self-motivated with ability to work well independently.
Must be punctual, reliable, with an excellent work ethic.
Must have own vehicle and tools.
Must be flexible to travel and work at various locations across the GTA throughout the day as required.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning, innovative, and leading edge organization, recognized as a leader in the industry and whose “brand” in the market is outstanding.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Construction - Site
||Full Time Regular