Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this fabulous career opportunity and we'll walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder and land developer, with operations across Canada and the United States. From a humble beginning in 1978, starting with the building and sale of a single home, Mattamy has gone on to build more than 50,000 homes in 150 integrated communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. The scope of operations encompasses land acquisition, community design and development, housing and parkland design and construction with particular emphasis on creating communities of enduring value to residents.
Mattamy’s Mission is to provide the Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values are Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team-oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The Land Development team is responsible for the planning, engineering, and open space design and construction of fully integrated communities throughout Western Canada. Our Department is made up of a vibrant and dynamic team of professionals ranging from Vice Presidents to Project Managers and Construction Managers to Project Coordinators, in addition to support that are well-versed in engineering, planning, finance, and construction.
||Senior Vice President, Land Development
The Senior Vice President, Land Development is responsible for locating, acquiring and developing ‘A’ quality land for building communities, primarily for residential home construction. The incumbent will direct the community design and development process, and lead, develop, inspire and manage the division Land Development Team, in achieving business objectives, meeting customer commitments and striving to achieve “The Best Homeowner Experience”, in all activities undertaken.
- Lead and facilitate the Land Development Process including acquisitions and investigations.
- Plan and build communities in an integrated manner with a customer first approach.
- Create and maintain Division land availability inventory system for Division in accordance with the Division’s strategic plan.
- Maintain a network of industry, political contacts to maintain a current awareness of available and upcoming acquisition opportunities.
- Coordinate market research in support of land acquisition.
- Conduct timely feasibility studies to assess lands’ physical, political and financial aspects as well as market potential and targeted market areas in order to identify specific target properties. Provide continuous projections from feasibility Proforma to purchase budget.
- Accountable for representing the Division in negotiating each project’s acquisition.
- Coordinate purchase of land/lots for Division.
- Accurately estimate cash flow projections compared to the strategic plan.
- To advance the timing and profitability of all projects, responsible for relentlessly identifying opportunities that are not readily apparent or creating them where they otherwise do not exist inside of statutory planning procedures.
- Accountable for statutory approvals, land plan designs, developmental agreements and servicing contracts.
- Ensure architectural control and zoning.
- Ensure community phases are delivered on time and below budget to Builder.
- Develop, monitor and adhere to the Division’s land development schedule and budget for each project and provide regular updates to the Division President.
- Provide leadership to the Land Development team including overall people management, talent identification and recruiting, and employee development.
- Develop and promote teamwork and internal integration.
- Review and make any recommendations regarding any external events that could affect the value of real estate assets.
- Develop and nurture relationships with politicians, governmental staff, land vendors and contact/ties within Division’s geography.
- Ability to communicate the ‘Mattamy Way’ of differentiating our business processes from those of our competitors.
- Proactively promote innovative, non-traditional land uses (new acquisitions and existing inventory) to the Divisional team.
- Input to community giving in ways which are aligned with Mattamy’s business and values.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
Education and Experience
- Should have at least 15 years business experience in the homebuilding or real estate development industries including extensive experience with the overall process from purchase of land through development of land.
- Must have at least 10 years or more experience managing people and projects.
Skills and Attributes
- Proven leadership skills honed by success at senior management level of mid-sized to major corporations.
- Sharp, analytical, and negotiating skills.
- Public speaking experience essential.
- Professional image (positive reputation in the industry for ability and character).
- Technical, political, legal and financial skills and understanding (including builder requirements).
- Understands the positive implications of being viewed as a Community leader.
- Ability to strategize.
- Forward planning and thinking: scheduling; coordinating consultants, contractors, municipalities and internal resources.
- Financial Management: always managing by the numbers and understanding the projects financial position.
- Strategic execution: assisting in the development and implementation of project strategy; calling on the right people at the right time; challenging the process.
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and verbal including excellent written correspondence.
- Strong customer service orientation and approach.
- Relationship skills: consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders (municipal, political, partners, suppliers, environmental agencies, Builder, etc.); upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate smooth application processes.
- Innovative and creative mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit constantly aware of how the market place is unfolding and how to create new business opportunities.
Mattamy is proud to provide this unique career opportunity in a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation package. In addition the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Be a part of a major organization poised for growth, which has a track record of success and strong brand presence.
- Contribute to an award winning and innovative organization, recognized as a leader in the industry.
- Join a team of enthusiastic, passionate and committed employees, seeking challenge…just like you!
||Full Time Regular