||Safety and Loss Prevention Manager - Edmonton
|The Career Opportunity
At Lowe's, we continually seek to enhance our employees' skills and experience by making sure they have all the tools they need to grow and develop. With locations across Canada, and new stores being added coast to coast, we have more opportunities to offer than ever before.
SAFETY & LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER
Reporting to the Area Loss Prevention Manager of Western Canada, as a Loss Prevention Manager, your responsibilities will include Occupational Health and Safety duties, Inventory Management duties and Inventory Shrink Management. Other general duties will include facilitating Health and Safety Meetings, Departmental Meetings, New Hire Safety Orientations, inventory control, including cycle counts and item level investigation. Safety duties will include safety audits and accident investigation. This role is a training and auditing based role located in the Greater Edmonton Area and is supported by an extensive training program including Safety, Shrink, and Compliance training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries •
- Read, write, and communicate using English language skills sufficient to perform job functions •
- Knowledge of the company's mission, purpose, and goals, and the role of every employee in achieving each of them •
- Ability to operate store equipment appropriate to assigned area •
- Complete all Lowe's training requirements (including annual Hazardous Material, Forklift certification/training, etc.) •
- Ability to process merchandise information through store computer systems and complete all required paperwork according to policy •
- Develop and plan activities to ensure proper completion in a timely manner. •
- Strong communication skills and a high level of organizational skills are required. •
- Must be able to handle potentially violent and/or physical altercations •
- Experience in detecting and detaining persons committing acts of theft an asset •
- Must have a working knowledge of criminal and civil laws as they relate to loss prevention activity. Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, lawn and garden , including the outside perimeter of the store
These roles requires individuals to move throughout all areas of the store (interior and outside perimeter), physically move items weighing up to 200 pounds with reasonable accommodations, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and adhere to all safety and service standards.
At Lowe's, excellent performance is not just recognized – it's supported and rewarded. As part of the Lowe's Canada team, you'll have access to numerous opportunities for personal career growth, including our leadership development programs and full range of training courses. We are truly committed to promoting from within, which means many exciting career paths and advancement opportunities will be open to you when you join our team.