|Full Job Posting
||Located near beautiful Vancouver, BC Canada, Turning Point Brewery is a locally owned and operated sustainable craft brewery producing Stanley Park 1897 Amber, Pilsner, and Wit; and Hells Gate Premium Lager and Genuine Pale Ale. We are looking to expand our team and require the energy and drive of a results-oriented individual with a passion for great beer to join our team as a Lab Technician. This will be a 6 month contract. Flexibility to work shift work: morning, afternoon, graveyard the occassional weekend is essential.
Reporting to the Senior Brewer, you will determine whether finished products are made within Turning Point Brewing Company standards through physio-chemical, microbiological and organoleptic analysis in the lab and throughout the brewery.
As a Lab Technician, you will analyze and inspect incoming raw materials, collect analytes throughout the brewery, prepare various media for testing, test production batches, and prepare reports as requested.
This role will be responsible for analyzing in-process and in-pack samples, managing laboratory records, updating computerized QA system, and maintaining laboratory equipment and supplies. Other related duties and tasks may be assigned
Our ideal candidate will possess:
· Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree (e.g., Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology)
· Solid understanding of quality assurance procedures and methods
· Experience in the beverage industry is a definite bonus
· Proven analytical and problem solving abilities, strong attention to detail, and excellent computer skills
· Team-oriented, Flexible, Self-motivated, and a love of great beer!
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work within a dynamic, growing, entrepreneurial organization, apply online at http://markanthony.com/Careers.aspx
today! We’d like to thank all applicants; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.