The Mark Anthony Group is Canada’s leading privately-held producer, distributor and marketer of wine, beer and specialty beverages. Our Brands include Mission Hill Family Estate Winery, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Stanley Park Beer and Palm Bay. In addition to our own products, we represent over 100 of the finest wine and beer brands from around the world in the Canadian market.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Public Relations Manager to join our team. The Public Relations Manager will lead all external communications to support the Mark Anthony Brands portfolio of company-owned fine wines in Canada and the United States. In addition, this individual will lead the travel & lifestyle PR effort to position Mission Hill Family Estate winery as one of the premiere winery tourism destinations in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. The Public Relations Manager will lead all media relations, reputation management, content management and social media for all key internal/external constituents. The Individual will lead the development and implementation of strategic media relations campaigns to build brand awareness to help increase market share and achieve revenue targets. The Individual must work effectively with key stakeholders across all business units and will bring leadership, creative energy, strategic thinking as a trusted advisor to the executive team, product managers and senior leaders across the company.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· 10+ years business related work experience in Public Relations/Marketing, preferably attained in a progressive corporate environment and representing high-end luxury brands.
· Knowledge of fine wine and the wine industry in Canada (WSET Levels 1 & 2 preferred).
· Must be able to demonstrate business acumen and will have previously developed and implemented a credible media relations strategy, which achieved key stakeholder buy-in.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills (examples of written materials will be required).
· Outstanding active listener with the aptitude to positively influence others.
· Excellent analytical and interpretive skills with the ability to summarize and draw conclusions.
· Extensive experience with various communication platforms vehicles (e.g. Intranet, social media, blogs) and media outlets.
· Succinct writing style, with the ability to communicate appropriately both in terms of information and style to all levels.
· Detail oriented; demonstrated thoroughness and excellence in all aspects of work.
· Results driven, high-energy team player that thrives in a fast moving and high-pressure environment with enthusiasm.
· Proven experience working with many stakeholders in the process of defining communications messages and processes.
· Ability to work independently with exceptional organizational skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Discrete in handling confidential matters.
· Excellent command of MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
The successful candidate will be a results driven, high-energy team player that thrives in a fast moving and high-pressure environment with enthusiasm. If you are looking for an opportunity to cultivate your career amidst a professional, highly motivated and fun, hard-working team, apply online at http://markanthony.com/Careers.aspx today!