If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now!
Or, please feel free to e-mail this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Director, Retail Operations
|Full Job Posting
Lead the development of Mark Anthony’s retail store operations, consisting currently of four company-owned wine stores with the potential to expand to eight stores over the next 2-3 years. Implement new operating policies and procedures. Develop and implement direct-to-consumer E-commerce strategy. Define the footprint for new store design. Participate in the site selection process for new store locations. Work with the B.C. government to activate new licenses and to comply with operating guidelines. Update merchandising programs and pricing strategy. Execute business plans to achieve sales revenue, cost containment, and contribution goals. Ensure exemplary customer service and a positive brand experience through a highly trained and motivated staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of Artisan Retail Stores, and the Mission Hill wine boutique.
- Achieve annual budgets for revenue, expense, and operating contribution. Produce annual sales forecasts and budgets.
- Direct and continually improve operating efficiency, while meeting company standards for loss prevention, inventory control, and financial reporting.
- Manage product selection, purchasing, inventory levels, visual merchandising standards, promotions and advertising.
- Develop and implement an industry leading E-commerce strategy.
- Formulate pricing policies to increase sales volume, encourage consumer trade-up, and increase the average ring per customer. Authorize clearance sales as appropriate.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to create consistent image across all stores and effective merchandising programs.
- Recruit, train, develop, and motivate staff within a culture that promotes teamwork and employee recognition. Identify high potential employees for promotion within the Mark Anthony Group.
- Build effective teams through execution of MAG performance management programs to provide coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
- Establish, document, and implement on-going process controls for all retail operations.
- Ensure compliance with local, provincial and federal regulations governing all business operations.
- Assure that safe and clean working conditions are maintained in all retail operations, conforming to inter-company and regulatory standards.
- Oversee the coordination of all new store openings including site selection.
Experience, Skills , and Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in retail management, including, purchasing, inventory control and operation of multi-unit locations.
- Direct experience with companies involved in E-tailing consumer products over the internet.
- Proven experience with new store openings and/or start-up business ventures.
- General management experience, leading teams to achieve key business metrics and results.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, with a solid understanding of sales, marketing, merchandising, and advertising.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, converting information into action.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate supplier capabilities and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Ability to foster teamwork and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with technology, RMS systems, and other business applications.
- Attitude is everything. Always be positive.
- High personal integrity, be honest, and trustworthy.
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to “roll up the sleeves” when necessary.
- Results oriented, with a history of accomplishment and desire for continuous improvement.
- Ability to deal effectively with others while working across functionally in a diverse environment.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes.
- Authentic leadership style with a genuine desire to develop others.
- Passionate champion of building high performance teams and company culture.