If you are interested in this opportunity, apply now!
Or, please feel free to e-mail this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
|Full Job Posting
||Lead Mark Anthony’s category management strategy through liaison between Mark Anthony & its retail customer(s) to plan, develop and implement category management plans including retail planograms and other merchandising activities across all categories.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze data on category, store and product performance, review sales trends, margins, inventory turnover and service levels and make recommendations to improve the business
• Create category merchandising/ sales plans and planograms for new and existing products
• Develop, present and “sell” category management presentations to our retail customer(s) to drive business for MAG and our customer(s)
• Develop and maintain quality relationship with key customer(s)
• Review and prepare reports / presentations for quarterly sales meetings and as required.
• Keep abreast of competitive trends and report appropriate developments
• Provide sales analysis support to key departments
• And other related duties and task as required
Experience, Skills , Qualifications and Other Requirements
• 2+ years of proven category management experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
• Related sales or marketing diploma or degree program
• Understanding of merchandising, sales & promotions activities in a retail environment
• Impeccable communication skills including persuasion, influencing & negotiation skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Sound problem solving skills including analysis, critical thinking and judgment.
• Proven ability to multitask, manage time effectively & work independently
• Achievement / results oriented
• Advanced computer skills including space management software (Spaceman) and MS Office (particularly Excel)
• Category Management Certification through the CMKG or CMA?
• Possess a “can do” attitude and believes anything is possible with the right focus.
• Able to work independently and “roll up your sleeves” to make things happen.
• High intensity team player who thrives in a fast paced, high intensity, dynamic environment.
• Constantly questions the way things are done in a constructive manner and thrives on change that improves results.
• Open (no agendas), honest and trustworthy.
• Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
• Results oriented individual with a desire to manage change through to fruition.
• Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial.
• Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Strong stakeholder management focus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient with personal computers and business applications.