|Full Job Posting
Help Desk Technician
Mark Anthony Group is a private, profitable, and prominent alcohol beverage distribution company based in Vancouver with a presence throughout Canada. We market and sell brands from our world-class portfolio including mikes hard lemonade, Palm Bay, Hell’s Gate, wines from Canada’s premiere estate winery, Mission Hill Family Estate, as well as a portfolio of select agency wine and beer brands.
We are looking to add to our winning team at our head office in Vancouver and are seeking a full-time Help Desk Technician for a 6 month contract, with the possibility of extending to a permanent position.
In this role, you are dedicated to customer service for all users, in both a call center and an onsite environment. You will guide users through the use of a broad range of products, offerings and services, provide identification, prioritization and the resolution of problems following well-defined guidelines and procedures. You will use management database software (“Trackit”) to maintain logs of tasks and issues that are worked on.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Answer and resolve first (basic) and second (intermediate) level inquiries regarding software and hardware, copiers, phone system, credit/ debit machines, and mobile devices (cellular phone & blackberry) via phone, email and in-person
- Set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade hardware (computers, peripherals, telephones, credit/debit machines, mobile devices, etc.), software (MS Office, point of sale, telephone system, etc.) and networks (mobile device to servers)
- Set up and manage user accounts in network ensuring appropriate access and security
- Document inquiries and requests thoroughly in the IT tracking system
- Administer hardware (computer & peripherals), copier, and mobile device inventory
- Escalate issues to senior IT staff as necessary
- Assist with meetings and events set-up and take-down as it relates to IT equipment and software as necessary
- Administer and maintain mobile devices (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Setup Cisco VoIP phones and video conferencing equipment based on Lync server and Tandberg Video Server.
- Write user documentation
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network
- Install new software on users’ computers
- Clean, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers
- Author training manuals and present training classes
- Evaluation of company hardware and software
- Provide good customer service to phone calls or emails
The ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 4 years of previous help desk or related experience
- Proven knowledge of basic hardware and software including familiarity with MS Office 2010, Windows 7, and Visio, Cisco VPN, Cisco VoIP phones, Access Control Administration- Hirsch
- Experience with Xerox and HP hardware printing platforms and administration
- Experience with use common ticketing systems: Remedy, Track-IT
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and its offline version
- Knowledge of various remote control applications, TeamViewer, VNC, etc
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized, able to prioritize, manage time effectively, and multitask
- Knowledge of Networking and wiring, PBX Telephone system, and MS Server end would be considered an asset
- Ability to lift and carry IT hardware
- Regularly available to be on-call
If you have the desire to learn and grow in a fast paced environment, please apply online at http://markanthony.com/Careers.aspx
today! We would like to thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.