If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Better Business Bureau Southern Alberta
||Director Marketing and Communication
An ethical marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust each other.
BBB’s mission is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. BBB accomplishes this mission by:
• Creating a community of trustworthy businesses
• Setting standards for marketplace trust
• Encouraging and supporting best practices
• Celebrating marketplace role models, and;
• Denouncing substandard marketplace behavior
The first Better Business Bureau was founded in the early 1900’s. Today, 114 BBBs serve communities across the U.S and Canada with over 3 million accredited businesses and charities as members.
The Better Business Bureau is in the business of facilitating “trust” and ethical business practices between consumers and businesses. It does this through the accreditation of businesses and charities each of which must adhere and live up to the “Standards for Trust”.
The BBB delivers on its mandate through the following core programs and services:
• The accreditation of businesses
• Reliability reporting
• Dispute handling and resolution
• BBB Online
• Advertising review services
• Awards of recognition for demonstrated ethical leadership and advancing marketplace trust.
BBB is recognized as the resource to turn to for objective, unbiased information on businesses. The network of national and local BBB operations allows BBB to monitor and take action on thousands of business issues affecting consumers at any given time.
The Better Business Bureau serving Southern Alberta and the East Kootenays of British Columbia, has approximately 3700 accredited members.
The Better Business Bureau of Southern Alberta and East Kootenays is currently seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications. As a key member of the Leadership Team, The Director of Marketing & Communications plays both a strategic and tactical role in the overall management of the BBB’s growth and presence in the community. Reporting to the President & CEO, this individual will find ways to create more consumer awareness in the marketplace, add value for BBBs Accredited Businesses and create a marketplace where buyers and sellers can trust one another.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide leadership in the creation and implementation of major communication, marketing and PR initiatives
• Oversee and implement external and internal communications
• Co-ordinate at strategic levels with other functions of BBB
• Represents BBB Serving Alberta and East Kootenays in the Media and the community.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications
• Co-ordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials
• Develop short and long term plans and budgets
• Design and execute a strategic marketing plan
• Develop a Push Strategy
• Creative thinker
• Proficient with Mac & Apple Programs
• Knowledge of Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to plan and prioritize work
• Experience with content management systems
• Excellent knowledge of on-line marketing trends
• Passionate about BBB mission and able to inspire others
Education & Experience
• Bachelors/Masters in Communication with emphasis on Marketing and Public Relations or Journalism.
Five or more years experience. Familiarity with Southern Alberta media a plus.
||To explore this opportunity further please forward your resume to Ron Prokosch at:
300, 5 Richard Way. SW
Calgary, AB. T3E 7M8