If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||The company is a specialized firm providing the technical know-how, products and services required to economically supply new or upgrade existing municipal and industrial granular water filtration systems. With offices in both the United States and Canada, the firm provides filter optimization solutions to clients worldwide.
The firm is recognized throughout the industry for its expertise in granular media filter design, supply, installation, operation and optimization and the comprehensive understanding of filter hydraulics necessary for sustained filter performance
Our client, AWI, conducts a significant amount of research at its Hydraulics and Filter Media Technology Center in Calgary, Alberta. They are the only Canadian filter media supplier with this type of testing and research facility.
||The Position – Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for managing water filtration related projects which include, review of approval drawings, developing parts lists, estimating, job costing and purchasing, client coordination and customer service, field service coordination and collation of project bids.
Specifically the Project Manager is responsible for such activities as:
• Reviewing proposed and approved drawings.
• Working within project estimates purchase all necessary equipment and materials for each project, issuing purchase orders and assigning cost codes to the relevant project.
• Working with the fabrication drawings organize with the site crews for parts to be available as needed for the project.
• Raising change orders/notices and factor into project job costing throughout the project.
• Tracking orders against issued purchase orders, delivery schedules and arrange shipment.
• Reviewing purchase orders in “Blue Link Solutions” job costing program and match actual costs with quotes.
• Liaise with clients to arrange on-site responsibilities and work
• Overseeing work activities of site crews by traveling to and participating on worksites as necessary.
• Approving of crew allowances and overtime when necessary.
• Assembling Operations and Maintenance Manuals and “as built” drawings at the conclusion of a project.
Throughout the life of a project the Project Manager is expected to work closely with other teams in order to effectively expedite projects.
Our ideal candidate will
• Be a Registered Engineering Technologist or a Professional Engineer (mechanical or civil) with a background in civil construction and facilities.
• Have 2 to 4 years of project management experience.
• Those with a PMP designation or working toward that designation will be of high interest.
Personal and Professional skills should include:
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
• Customer focus
• Ability to analyze and solve difficult problems
• Ability to Organize and prioritize
• Attentive to details
• Computer skills should include Microsoft Office(Word Excel Outlook) and AutoCAD.
Compensation for this position is to be determined and will take into account the background, range of skills and knowledge and experience that the selected individual brings to the opportunity.
To explore this career opportunity in confidence forward your resume to Ron Prokosch
Or visit our website at: www.lesp.ca