Provides administrative support to Council and Chief of Staff; researches and responds to constituent concerns; receives, resolves and/or redirects constituent inquiries and concerns in a timely and efficient manner, including liaising with various external agencies and other orders of government; and act as a back up when necessary to Executive Assistant to Mayor and Chief of Staff.
- Minimum 2 year diploma or 2 years in a specialized post-secondary program.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a diverse office environment where juggling multiple priorities is the norm.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to handle all situations in a polished, professional manner befitting the Office of the Mayor and Council.
- Proven ability to review and prioritize constituent concerns and determine the appropriate course of action to resolve issues.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization and participates as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, changing priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced verbal & written communication skills with experience writing articles, background and briefing notes and some speeches.
- Experience in managing media requests.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deal effectively with inquiries from the public, all orders of government and City staff.
- Ability to assist in planning or coordinating special events (e.g., annual New Year's Levee)
- Preference may be given to candidates who possess knowledge of municipal, regional, provincial and federal orders of government, and awareness of community and ward issues.
Salary: $45, 907 to $57, 383 per annum.
effective April 1, 2013 $46, 825 to $58, 531 per annum.
||Chief Administrative Office
||Office of the Mayor & Council
|Hours of Work
||Monday-Friday 35 Hours per week