Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Mobile Device Support Specialist
The Mobile Device Support Specialist serves as the mobile device management (MDM) technical liaison with the Service Desk, IT staff, hardware vendors and business teams to support laptops, tablets and smart phones. The position will also serve as a hardware, software, and OS specialist to deploy, manage, track, and audit mobile devices and supported applications.
- Develops, tests, and documents processes & procedures to, configure, deploy, track, & audit mobile devices.
- Develops, tests, and documents processes and procedures to test & certify smart phones & tablets for compatibility with the MDM ecosystem.
- Tests processes from the initial development phase to the final release to the production environment.
- Acts as a hardware, software, and OS specialist to deploy, manage, track, and audit mobile devices.
- Manages all software quality control procedures throughout the development cycle.
- Oversees the inventory of mobile devices, including laptops, tablets and any other City-issued mobile devices.
- Reports, tracks and prioritizes identified bugs.
- Reviews requirements, functional specifications, and technical specifications with respect to correctness, consistency, comprehensiveness and testability.
- Provides analysis and optimization of existing management and software methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
||Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.Must have ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.Must have a 2 year diploma or two years in a post-secondary program in a related field.Must have a minimum of 2 years related experience.Must have demonstrated experience in software testing and solution validationMust have previous experience with various operating systems (Windows 7/8, Apple iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)Must have experience with software testing and documentation skillsMust have experience with enterprise level LAN and WLAN design and operationMust have a comprehensive understanding of quality assurance as an integral part of the testing and implementation processesMust have strong problem solving skillsMust have proven communication skills (written and oral) and a proven ability to work well with others in a team environmentMust have excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple assignments at the same timeMust have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel to various work locations across the CityMust have an ability to work in a rapidly changing mobile enterprise environment.Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel to various work locations across the City.
Note: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: Grade 12 Diploma plus up to 1 year of additional job-related post-secondary courses with minimum 4 years' experience or 3-Year Degree/Diploma with minimum 1 year experience.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am -4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$57,042 - $71,304
||8 (Under Review)