Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Supervisor Customer Service
||Supervises Customer Service Representatives in the Revenue Division of the Finance and Corporate Services department, who are responsible for inquiries and payments from the general public, law firms, other government agencies and internal customers regarding property taxes, utilities, rental water heaters, stormwater rate, parking tickets and general receivables.
- Directly supervises the work of ten full time Customer Service Representatives, with full responsibility for interviewing and selection, orientation and training, direction, guidance, mentoring, discipline and performance management up to and including recommending termination.
- Monitors inquiry volumes of approximately 90,000 individual customer contacts per year, not including payments only at cash counter, and adjusts staffing levels to answer inquiries as quickly as possible.
- Responds verbally and in writing to internal and external Revenue Division related inquiries that require a Supervisor's intervention.
- Distributes and assigns work to Customer Service Representatives.
- Schedules and monitors work station rotations .
- Trains, informs and reinforces policies, procedures, and safety issues regarding Customer Service and all aspects of the Revenue Division.
- Monitors request for data from internal and external customers and ensures the Revenue Division does not contravene the Privacy Act.
- Maintains statistics on customer service and reports to senior management.
- Attends management meetings
- Ensures CSRs adhere to Citizen Service Standards, as outlined by the City's corporate customer service guidelines.
- Updates procedures and maintains documentation, such as the CSR training manual, yearly fee schedule for the corporate Budget Process and various forms.
- Provides back-up for supervisor of Billing and Meter Reading and Supervisor of Collections.
- Coordinates between customer, utility and internal staff on meter disputes, meter mix-ups and unit numbering issues; monitors progress and keeps customers informed of status of outstanding issues.
- Monitors Textnet software to ensure service is available online for customers with disabilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years related experience which includes some supervisory experience
- Must have a minimum 3 year degree or diploma in a related field
- Must have solid computer skills in Microsoft Office and experience with financial systems, advanced spreadsheets, word processing, databases and report writing
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Must have proven ability to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent human relation skills with a proven ability to work with staff and internal and external customers
- Must be self-motivated, capable of working in a dynamic work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of large billing systems and the relationship between the flow of information and the customer's bill.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public utility and property taxation.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer service practices and procedures and proven ability to meet corporate standards
- Preference will be given to candidates that have a sound working knowledge of the Corporation's accounting, billing and collections systems, credit and cash management.
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am -4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$66,982 - $83,730 per annum.