Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Fire Systems- Assistant
The Fire Systems-Assistant will support the Fire Systems Specialist in maintaining the Fire Department's critical system infrastructure, including Crisys computer dispatching; Mastermind Alarm Monitoring software, Comlog voice recording system; AIZAN auto notification system and Telestaff attendance tracking program. The successful incumbent will assist with data analysis and gather information required for the Master Plan including CFAI reporting queries.
- Assists in maintaining and administering the Fire Department's specific systems (Crisys, Mastermind Alarm Monitoring, EMS_TIF Simultaneous Notification, Comlog Audio recording, Aizan automated alerting, Telestaff) including needs assessment and definition, system configuration, testing, and coordination of upgrades.
- Performs troubleshooting as required, and identifies and resolves user issues, system issues, or training deficiencies.
- Assists in managing regular data updates from various sources, to support the CAD (Crisys Computer Aided Dispatch) system.
- Assists in the coordination and preparation for major system changes (e.g. software upgrades, mapping changes, response rule changes, new fire station openings), including preparation of data, testing, liaison with stakeholders, coordination / delivery of staff training, testing, and creation of instructional materials.
- Performs analysis of various data sets to identify areas where better emergency responses are possible.
- Recommends and implements changes to procedures, response rules and CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system configuration.
- Collects data and creates databases and custom database reports to support various Fire Department programs (e.g. response analysis, CFAI accreditation).
- Assists in managing hardware maintenance / replacement, software upgrades, and system back-ups.
- Coordinates and assists as required, with other City departments on corporate level system implementations (e.g. Mastermind alarm monitoring, Telestaff).
- Supports existing Access and databases applications
- Provides backup to Fire Systems Specialist to provide system support 24/7 in that incumbent’s absence, if required and available.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Must have a minimum 3 year Degree Diploma in a related field
- Must have a minimum two years’ related experience
- Must have working knowledge of business concepts and practices related to municipal management and the fire service
- Must have working knowledge of business planning processes and project management concepts
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of information technology, concepts, techniques and practices.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of data / statistical analysis concepts and application.
- Must have well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to exchange information, often of a technical nature with vendors and various levels of Fire/corporate staff
- Must have a proven ability to develop positive working relationships and respond to concerns from staff, vendors, management, and external customers
- Must have the ability to train end users at varying levels of computer literacy in new systems and technologies
- Must have demonstrated working experience with GIS software, concepts and data; the use of relational databases, database management and reporting; integration / interfaces between systems.
- Must have well developed computer skills and working experience in MicroSoft Office, MicroSoft Access, Crystal Reports, ESRI ArcMap (GIS),
- Preference will be given to candidates who have previous experience working with Crisys Xpert Fire (computer aided dispatch), MasterMind (alarm monitoring), TeleStaff (automated staff scheduling) and CVDS ComLog (audio logging)
- Must have the ability to work independently and make decisions concerning daily work processes and also be an effective team member
Please note: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency 2-Year Diploma (or 2 Years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program) with minimum 4 years' experience or 4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 1 year experience.
Position approved to December 31, 2013
||Full Time Temporary
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||57, 042 - $71, 304 per annum.