Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
The Cook is responsible for preparing and serving high quality meals for Meal Program participants at the Downtown Community Centre. Functions will include meal preparations and cooking, serving, storage, equipment care, and sanitation/cleanup all while following health department regulations.
The Cook will provide guidance within defined parameters for the volunteers that are active in the program.
||SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
2) Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
3) Must have a minimum of three years previous experience in a related food service environment.
4) Must have a college certificate in the Culinary field and a current safe food handling certificate.
5) Must have proven ability in aspects of a kitchen including; set up and take down of a dining room, cooking, serving, equipment care and sanitation/clean up.
6) Ensures that served meals are of high quality and appropriate to the nutritional needs of older adults.
7) Must have experience delegating tasks and providing guidance to others. Must have an understanding of working with volunteers.
8) Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills. 9) Must have excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and a proven ability to work independently.
10) Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment.
11) Must have physical ability to perform duties requiring lifting and moving of physical equipment, cleaning, etc. in addition to being able to stand for the duration of the shift.
12) Must be prepared to produce a satisfactory police records check at your own cost, as a condition of employment.
13) Must have current Standard First Aid certification, CPR and AED certification.
Hours of work: Part time approx. 7 hours per week. Main hours of work are Saturday generally 7 am until 2 pm. May need to cover other shifts during the week to cover additional shifts due to illness, holidays or special functions term.
||Community Programs & Services
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||Downtown Community Centre
||10.53-14.17 per hour