· Assists in planning a summer tennis program to meet participant’s skill level.
· Participates in any training sessions prior to the commencement of the tennis program.
· Demonstrates and instructs assigned activities and techniques using established teaching methodology and procedures; provides feedback to participants.
· Supervises program participants.
· Explains and ensures safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the use of equipment are followed.
· Assists Inclusion Facilitators and other inclusion staff to accommodate children with special needs.
· Adheres to policies and procedures established for City of Kitchener facilities.
· Interacts with and ensures parents/guardians are informed of participants daily activities and over all well-being as required
· Reports all accidents/incidents and takes the necessary preventative measure to ensure the safety of participants. Completes incident/accident report form with Tennis Camp Coordinator.
· Distributes applicable forms and program information (e.g., course evaluation forms, general information, brochures).
· Completes an inspection of the tennis court areas at the beginning and end of shift.
· Assembles supplies or sports equipment as required.
· Provides first aid as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Equivalent to partial secondary school education
· Current technical and practical training in tennis lessons
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification
· A Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector
· 3 months of related experience
06/19/2014 – 06/20/2014 – mandatory training
07/7/2014 – 08/23/2014 – employment period
Hours a week:
20 hours (Standard work week)
Hours of work:
8:30 – 12:30
$10.53 - $12.84 per hour
· No work on statutory holidays.
· Responsible to instruct a group of kids of various ages that include initial skill evaluation, running skill development drills based on skill level, completes weekly skill development evaluation for each camper, and nominates campers for an award each week.
· Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions.
February 28, 2014 at 11:50 p.m.
Contact person for more information, phone number & email: