Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Mobile Infrastructure Systems Specialist
- To provide technical design, implementation and system integration for enterprise mobility management (EMM) solutions that manage the processes and technologies used to manage the array of mobile devices, wireless networks, application access and related services that enable the broad use of mobile computing for the business.
- Designs and deploys enterprise-class infrastructure and server systems that support the mobile computing initiatives at the City: wireless networks and physical layer infrastructure, network access methods, application and desktop virtualization, data security & protection, device security & protection, and management systems for the mobile workforce.
- Supports all server systems and hardware for mobile infrastructure, including direct access, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), firewall, DNS, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Remote desktop and Citrix.
- Establishes standards (independently or as part of a team)pertaining to mobile computer system and infrastructure installation, configuration, and implementation.
- Assembles servers, racking, network infrastructure devices, antennas, wiring, and related panels; wireless networks including access points, servers, routers, hubs, switches, and other hardware.
- Works on a team that designs and integrates network solutions involving Microsoft, Cisco, HP, and other leading manufacturers
- Uses current security technology disciplines information to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information assets
- Develops and maintains security policies and standards.
- Assists in planning, organizing and controlling the activities around security assessments and remediation.
- Conducts site surveys and site design for the purpose of creating efficient and effective WLAN signal overlap.
- Documents security (and emergency) measures, policies, procedures for mobility related infrastructure and systems.
- Installs firmware and software revisions, patches, updates and fixes to servers and systems related to the mobile and wireless networks. Plans, schedules and performs preventative maintenance on related systems. Monitors systems and servers to optimize system performance and tuning.
- Provides guidance and assistance to Service Desk staff to resolve client issues, as required. Provides training and documentation to them to assist with operational support.
- Liaises with vendors and consultants to resolve non-standard issues.
- Researches evolving technologies and stays current with new products. Recommends new products for the environment and presents in written and verbal reports.
- Provides mobility systems expertise and support to other members of the Network team (security, firewall, wireless, mobile device mgmt., etc.).
- Acts as technical resource
s to other members of Client Services, IT and staff for the planning and implementation of new systems and services and to ensure the successful integration of network architecture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a 3-year Degree or Diploma in a related field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or other related technical discipline).
- Must have a minimum of 4 years related experience in a large-scale enterprise, multi-site network environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience with mobile device management systems (MDM), device deployment technologies (SCCM) and enterprise mobility management (EMM) systems/solutions.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of network and operating system security features (i.e. Windows, Solaris, Cisco)
- Must have demonstrated experience and knowledge of security technologies (e.g., secure remote access, web access management, network firewalls, filtering routers, authentication mechanisms, IPSEC VPN, server hardening).
- Must have proven experience and success with enterprise-level LAN and WLAN engineering, design, and implementation.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of switching and routing techniques for Ethernet networks.
: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: 2-Year Diploma (or 2 Years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program) with minimum 7 years’ experience or
4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 2 years’ experience.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am - 4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$66,982 - $83, 730 (2013 rates)
||10 - Under Review