Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Interim Draftsperson (Utilities)
Reporting to the Utility Engineer this position is responsible for drafting natural gas plant and providing engineering assistance to Utilities operations staff, consultants, and the general public.
- Creates and revises drafts required by the department including the production of gas and water construction drawings computer aided drafting techniques.
- Performs record management duties.
- Responds to public and internal gas and water information requests.
- Processes gas service applications.
- Assists with maintenance programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a minimum of 2 year diploma or 2 years in a specialized post-secondary program
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience with computer aided drafting systems (e.g., MicroStation, AutoCAD).
- Must have demonstrated experience with drafting, data collection, and analysis activities.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge in the fundamental engineering concepts related to design and construction processes and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of CSA Z662 Code, relevant procedures, practices, and standards, as well as the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proven ability to read, understand, and interpret drawings.
- Proven proficiency in the use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, On-Point, GIS, AutoCAD/MicroStation.
- Experience with CityWorks or other Asset Management software is an asset.
Approximate Duration 6 months
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||8 am - 4 pm
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$27.96-$34.95 per hour; $50,889-$63,610 per annum