Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Civilian Mechanic; Civilian Emergency Vehicle Technician
- Perform fire apparatus and equipment maintenance, testing, repair and service including scheduled vehicle inspections to ensure reliable, effective and safe apparatus and equipment resources.
- Maintain profession currency and competency by attending training courses and meetings, and reading publications to keep up-to-date on repair and maintenance techniques and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have 310S Ontario Certificate of Qualification in the trade of Automotive Service Technician, and should possess Interprovincial (Red Seal) Standard.
- Must have 310T Ontario Certificate of Qualification in the trade of Truck and Coach Technician, and should possess Interprovincial (Red Seal) Standard.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in the trade as a qualified technician.
- Must have a valid drivers license in good standing, class “D” with “Z” endorsement.
- Must possess all hand tools applicable to the trade.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift heavy weights- approximately 50lbs / 22.68 kgs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to participate as an effective team member.
- Must have satisfactory knowledge in safety legislation and work procedures as it applies to the field.
- EVT-Civilian Emergency Vehicle Technician requires 310S, 310T, EVT Master Certification. (Can be acquired)
- Preference will be given to applicants that have experience in the following areas: repair of fire fighting apparatus and equipment, welding and fabrication, welding inspection and evaluation, parts management and inventory, schematic blueprint reading, mechanical drafting, automotive electrical, plumbing, air-brake diagnosis and repair.
Civilian Mechanic: $60,558, after 6 months $62,888, after 18 months $64,575, after 30 months $67,889
Civilian Emergency Vehicle Technician: $73,320, $79,159 after 6 months. (2011 rates)
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||40 hours per week/ 4 day week
|Position Start Date
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date