PRIMARY ROLE: As a part of the Integrated Planning Centre of Excellence team you will report to the Executive Director. This position is responsible for the development of the City’s Strategic Plan, long-range strategic plans; develops new programs and initiatives to support and implement the City’s Strategic Plan as well as community directions established through Compass Kitchener; work with the Compass Kitchener citizen group to determine citizens’ priorities and set the strategic direction for community health and well-being (e.g., environment) and communicate those priorities to Council; measures and monitors success and effectiveness of new corporate directions and strategies through performance measurement programs, including assessing and determining service levels through benchmarking and provide oversight for corporate-wide business planning.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS. ALL APPLICANTS FOR THIS COMPETITION…
1. Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
2. Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
3. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
4. Must have a minimum 4 year Honours degree in a related field.
5. Must have a minimum 4 years related experience.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
Strategic Planning (40%)
· In association with Council and senior management, sets the City’s strategic direction through the development of the City’s Strategic Plan, which incorporates and supports community vision, the People Plan and the Effective and Efficient government areas of Focus.
· As a component of the City’s Strategic Plan, completes strategic planning for key corporate services and operational planning for each of the City’s departments.
· Designs, leads, facilitates, and participates in comprehensive research, planning, and consultation processes for Corporate and community initiatives, through the implementation and coordination of effective cross-departmental working groups, committee structures, community forums, and focus groups.
· Develops comprehensive employee inclusionary programs to advance the City’s Strategic Plan and re-shape the Corporate culture, with emphasis on creating an environment that fosters employee empowerment, growth, and commitment
Business Planning (60 %)
· Utilizes effective change management strategies to support corporate development initiatives.
· Responsible for coordinating and leading efforts for the on-going business planning team in order to further improve and integrate the process within the corporation.
· Develops a system for improved planning and reporting on the business plans annually in order to increase transparency to council and better manage resources within the organization.
· Leads the development, enhancements and continuous improvement for business planning activities.
· Manages the day-to-day requirements while maintaining focus on “big picture” drivers behind business planning.
· Serves as primary point of contact (i.e. push and pull information regularly or as the process requires.)
· Plans, develops, delivers, and manages statistical data systems.
Develops and deliver business planning education and training; including the development of the material and delivery as required.