Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Reporting directly to the Director of By-law Enforcement, the Supervisor of By-law Enforcement will manage and provide direction to the 12 fulltime and 8 part-time and temp status parking, noise, parks, and school zone enforcement officers within the By-law Enforcement Division.
- Directly supervises the work of 12 fulltime and 8 part-time and temp status parking, noise, parks, and school zone enforcement officers within the By-law Enforcement Division , with full responsibility for interviewing and selection, orientation and training, direction, guidance, mentoring, discipline and performance management up to and including recommending termination
- provides input on the development of strategic directions for the Division including researching and developing programs and making recommendations with regard to resource deployment
- Participates in officer recruitment including screening, interviewing and selection and provides orientation, training, guidance and direction
- Develops section related operating budget information as well as regularly monitoring applicable budget for fiscal accuracy while identifying potential trends or concerns
- Determines areas of focus for By-law Enforcement, considering demands, complaints, and staff resources
- Investigates and responds directly to complaints or inquiries from residents, business community, school boards, parent and neighbourhood groups, and public officials related to parking, noise, parks, encroachments, and school zone enforcement and provincial regulations to resolve complex and/or sensitive issues
- Gives direction and recommends action to Enforcement Information Officers
- Forecasts staffing requirements for seasonal programs and conducts temporary hiring to meet demands.
- In conjunction with the Director, By-law Enforcement, assists with the research and development of by-laws and amendments as well as applicable policy development
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must have a minimum 4 years of related experience
- Must have a minimum 2 year diploma in a related field
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of the Provincial and Canadian justice systems, laws, and statutes in order to explain, uphold, and ensure others uphold laws (including the Highway Traffic Act, Provincial Offences Act) and municipal by-laws
- Must have current standard First aid and CPR certification
- Note: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: Grade 12 diploma up to 1 year with a minimum 7 years experience, or 3 year degree/ diploma with a minimum 2 years' experience.
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am -4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$66,982 - $83,730 per annum.