- Must have minimum Grade 12 diploma
- Must have a satisfactory Police Reference Check- Vulnerable Sector
- Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C certification
- Must have Class a minimum G2 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for the full duration of employment.
- Must have a minimum 6 months of related experience
Recommended age: 18 or older
Rate of pay: $14.47 per hour
Employment Dates: April 22-August 30, 2013
Hours a week: 15hrs/wk April 22-June 6; 35hrs/wk June 10-August 30
Hours of work: Daytime hours April 22-June 6; 2-10pmJune 10-August 30
Conditions of Employment
1. As per Council Policy 11-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
· Immediate relatives of staff of the human resources division, directors, general managers, the chief administrative officer and elected officials shall not be employed by the city in any capacity.
· Immediate relatives of all other management personnel shall not be employed within the same division (in the case of students).
2. Applicants must be a minimum of 15 years of age or over as of the first day of employment, unless otherwise specified.
3. Employment is conditional upon the provision of current certification in Standard First-aid (CPR, Level C) as well as the provision of a satisfactory Police Reference Check – Vulnerable Sector. Any related costs are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
4. The selection of staff is based on a combination of application, resume review, and interview.
5. The City of Kitchener does not guarantee employment for any applicant or returning staff.
6. Employment is conditional upon; attendance at all training sessions, submission of required documentation/certification, adherence to the minimum age requirements and ability to meet the employment term.