Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Program Assistant, Planning (Customer Service) 6 months
Provides front-line customer service and administrative support for the Planning Division, processes and issues occupancy certificates and letters of compliance, processes and issues both portable and permanent sign permits including detailed research for compliance with appropriate by-laws and regulations, disseminates general zoning information to customers.
· First point of contact for telephone and counter inquiries for the Planning Division
· Provides general administrative support to the Planning Division.
· Provides back up functions to both the Program Assistant (Planning) and the Sign and Occupancy Permit Administrator in the absence of that incumbent.
· Processes sign permits (both permanent and portable) including administration of the lottery for companies vying for portable sign locations on a monthly basis.
· Processes occupancy permits and letters of compliance.
· Processes payments for a variety of services including but not limited to sign permits, occupancy certificates, and letters of compliance including monthly invoicing for portable sign permits.
· Acts as a commissioner for Taking Oaths for Affidavits for Site Plan and Committee of Adjustment applications, as permitted by the Province of Ontario
· Reviews zoning compliance to grant licensing applications on behalf of the Planning Division.
· Notifies businesses of requirements for occupancy certificates generated through sign permit applications.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a minimum Grade 12 diploma plus up to one year of additional job-related post-secondary courses
- Must have 1 year of related experience
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in order to provide front-line customer service
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, analytical and mathematics skills sufficient to understand by-laws including Sign By-law, Zoning By-law and Fence By-law; review and process applications (including plans and drawings); process payments; invoice portable sign permits; and, respond to general inquiries (including Zoning inquiries).
- Must have the ability to deal with irate customers in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to concentrate with multiple distractions.
||Full Time Temporary
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
||$ 23.78 -29.73 per hour