Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Design and Construction Project Manager
As the Design and Construction Project Manager you will provide wide range of engineering services to the public, outside agencies, and other City divisions, including, but not limited to, project management of reconstruction/rehabilitation projects, engineering studies, project teams leadership, tender and contractor/consultant administration, business case development, enforcement of standards and specifications, and long-term planning for Capital infrastructure upgrades.
- Provides project management of Capital projects/programs and/or construction contracts (e.g., stormwater pond (re)construction, water course rehabilitation sewer and watermain reconstruction, streetscape initiatives)
- Reviews geotechnical reports and assesses environmental impacts
- Provides contract administration for municipal projects for consultant assignments
- Oversees progression and budgetary expenditures of projects.
- Serves as project liaison to the public, consultants, internal departments, and outside agencies
- Reviews and approves survey base plans, preliminary and final designs, tender documents, and contract drawings
- Analyses, investigates, and interprets existing design data
- Reviews and approves detailed design of, for example, stormwater ponds, storm and sanitary sewers, watermains, water courses.
- Prepares and/or reviews Ministry of the Environment applications and Conservation Authority applications for the Region, Ministry, and Grand River Conservation Authority
- Calculates, prepares, and reviews cost estimates
- Liaises with outside agencies, government agencies, and utility companies
- Facilitates public meetings
- Researches, analyses, and assesses studies and current engineering information to develop new standards and specifications
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record
- Must successfully complete a medical examination if required
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Must have a related 3 year degree or diploma (i.e.: Civil Engineering/Civil Engineering Technology)
- Must hold C.E.T. designation by the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (O.A.C.E.T.T.)
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in: project management: coordinating multiple projects through the design phase, design / preparation / interpretation of engineering plan and profile drawings, cost estimating and infrastructure management; surveying, design and inspection procedures, infrastructure systems with solid understanding of technical terms related to Civil Engineering, design and construction methods and practices; and in the preparation of tendering packages for the construction of municipal infrastructure
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and MS Project; and, Autodesk software applications (i.e. AutoCad and LDD)
- Must have strong mathematical skills to perform calculations pertaining to design of municipal infrastructure
- Must have the ability to be an effective team member and lead design teams
- Experience with Autodesk Land Desktop and/or Civil 3D is an asset
- Must have proven analytical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must have an MTO Class “G” driver’s license in good standing and use of a personal vehicle for city business
||Full Time Permanent
|Hours of Work
||Monday to Friday 8:30 - 4:30
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$66,982 - $83,730 annually