1. Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record
2. Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required
3. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
4. Must have a Grade 12 diploma
5. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
6. Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario Ministry of College and Universities as a Truck and Coach Technician and Automotive Service Technician
7. Must have at least five years of current heavy equipment and motive power repair, fabrication and operating experience
8. Must possess all hand tools applicable to the trade
9. Must be familiar with vehicle onboard computerized equipment
10. Must have welding experience with gas, mig, etc.
11. Must hold a valid “DZ” driver’s license in good standing
12. Preference will be given to applicants who possess additional certificates pertinent to the trade such as heavy duty equipment, natural gas, propane, etc.
Must complete the City of Kitchener driving skills assessment, (tandem truck) additional seat time and/or training, if required, will be provided at the determination of the Vehicle and Equipment Safety Specialist and subject to management’s discretion
HOURS OF WORK: 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday – Friday or 11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Sunday - Thursday
Approved duration: 6 months