Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Network Systems Specialist (Temporary)
Working within the Information Technology Division, the successful candidate will join the Client Services team to provide top quality network support and high availability of the City's infrastructure and network hardware, software and systems.
- Provide technical support and administration of the City’s network infrastructure and systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance including software and firmware patches and updates, system upgrades, etc.
- Research and analyze security threats to systems and implement preventative actions.
- Perform data backup and recovery operations.
- Provide support and troubleshooting of Cisco networking and unified communication products.
- Research & recommend new technologies to meet the technological needs of the business.
- Participate in team environment and be open to sharing ideas and knowledge on a daily basis.
- Participate on project teams as a technical resource.
- Support the Service Desk to resolve escalated issues as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with a good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have a 3 year degree or diploma in a related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a large multi-site network environment.
- Must have demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in: Windows Server 2008/2012 infrastructure (Active Directory, security, RDS,DHCP, IIS, Group policy), Server virtualization configuration, support and implementation (Hyper-V preferred)
- Must have in-depth knowledge of L2/L3 protocols in a TCP/IP network, Virtual Private Networks, Intrusion Detection Systems, firewalls, DMZ architecture, anti-spam & virus solutions.
- Must have demonstrated experience with various wireless technologies, Storage Area Networking (SAN) technology including solid understanding of Fibre Channel and iSCSI, zoning, RAID types, storage provisioning, LUN management, and performance management.
- Must have strong research and analytical skills.
- Must have proven communication skills (written and oral) and a proven ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time.
- Must have a valid "G" class driver's licence in good standing.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to travel to various work locations across the City.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience with Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, Mobile Device Management, Exchange Server 2010/ Blackberry Enterprise Service and Commvault data protection products.
- Industry certifications in Cisco and Microsoft (CCNP/CCNA, MCSE) are considered an asset.
: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: 2-Year Diploma (or 2 Years in a Specialized Post-Secondary Program) with minimum 4 years’ experience or
4-Year Honours Degree with minimum 1 years’ experience.
||Finance and Corporate Services
||Full Time Temporary
|Hours of Work
||8:30 am - 4:30 pm or 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
|Posting Added Date
|Posting Closing Date
|Posting Closing Time
||$66, 982 - $83,730 per annum